Virtual Appointments Available For Your Convenience
Notary public serves as impartial third party witnesseto the signing of important legal documents.
What Is A Notary?
Notarization is the process of authenticating a document by a commissioned Notary Public, assuring that its signature is genuine and that the signer acted without duress or intimidation. The key value lies in the Notary’s impartial screening of a signer for identity, willingness and awareness. This screening detects and deters document fraud, helping protect the personal rights and property of private citizens from forgery, identity theft and exploitation.
When notarized, a document will be marked with a stamp, or seal, which indicates that the signature on the document is legitimate. A Notary Public watches you sign a document, and then places the stamp near your signature. This signifies that it was you who signed the document, not someone posing as you.
Call Us Today
What to Expect from a Notary Public
- A notary must be sure that the person signing is willing and has no coercion from another party in their personal life. If they are being forced to sign a document, then the Notary should refuse to validate it.
- Notaries need to make sure that the person signing is in a condition where they can truly understand what’s happening, so if you are intoxicated or medicated and unable to comprehend for any reason then the notary will refuse.
- Bring a blank document and be sure to sign it in front of the Notary, who will watch you do so.
- Please bring a picture identification, such as your drivers license or passport.
- For all of our notarized services, you’ll be asked to pay a small fee. Those who come in just for a signature will have an additional $15 charge on the bill.
Your Legal Issues Are Our Business
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to let us know and we'll get back with you as soon as possible.
630 West Tefft St, Unit 1732
Nipomo, CA 93444
San Luis Obispo
1026 Palm Street, Suite 217
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
By Appointment Only